PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust upgrade

stingthieves
02-26-2006, 08:13
Does everyone run their large performance exhaust over the axle and out the back ?

Or has anyone chosen a shorter path and exited from under the truck in front of the rear wheels?

Kind Regards - Rick

Kennedy
02-26-2006, 08:53
A shorter route will result in soot on the vehicle behind the outlet.

stingthieves
02-26-2006, 10:28
I knew that was an issue but didn't know it was a significant annoyance!

wthif
02-26-2006, 11:43
For awhile I was just running a modified down-pipe that dumped just below the level of my front leaf springs. That was quite loud and fumes at a stop light were not fun. I built a custom four inch exhaust that goes over the rear axle and turns into a turn down. Eventually I will point it out the side; I ran out of exhaust tubing when building my system.

I guess my point is you could have a turn down before the rear axle just keep it as high off the ground as possible. Dust becomes a problem with a turn down and I also have a nice black streak running up my driveway from when the exit was closer to the ground; now it is just a grey streak. My driveway is a hill with almost a 45 percent grade doubt you would get this with a flat driveway.

piersbc
02-28-2006, 10:52
I've run a turn down just in front of the rear axle for the past 2 yrs....I haven't had any issues with exhaust fumes or soot on the alxe....but then mine is a daily driver...not pulling heavy loads.