PDA

View Full Version : Trailer brake control

Momsfiretruck
02-27-2006, 16:17
I need to connect an electronic trailer brake controler to my 99 GMC 2500 Suburban. The fuse panel in my was marked the 99 isn't. Does anyone know where I can connect to the vehicle brake light wire?

Thanks,

Eric

diesel65
02-27-2006, 17:40
This should have been posted in the trailer forum,

Luckly for you on the 99's GM made a brake wire terminal on the convience center next to the parking brake.
I don't remember which port is connected to the brake switch, get a test light and probe any single wire port thats open and press the brake pedal to see if the light comes on.

HowieE
02-27-2006, 17:53
You can easily pick up the brake light signal from the center brake light circuit. Remove the left kick panel and look for connector 301 and location K in the corner of the connector, a white wire. Note that connector 301 has 2 white wires at 2 corners, one at location A and the one you want at K. If you can't see the letter notation on the connector use a test light while appling the brake.

HammerWerf
02-27-2006, 19:16
Momsfiretruck

I wondered the same thing till I stumbled upon these instructions for my 99 Suburban.

http://www.hitchmart.com/graphics/39523.pdf

The instruction is located under " Old Style Convenience Center "

The tab your interested in only works when the brake pedel is pressed. This solution sure beats trying to work up by the switch itself.

HammerWerf

TurboDiverArt
02-28-2006, 05:14
This should have been posted in the trailer forum,

Luckly for you on the 99's GM made a brake wire terminal on the convience center next to the parking brake.
I don't remember which port is connected to the brake switch, get a test light and probe any single wire port thats open and press the brake pedal to see if the light comes on.
I don't think the 1999 Suburban

markelectric
02-28-2006, 21:16
I found one in my 99 just as the link above states.

TurboDiverArt
03-01-2006, 18:51
I found one in my 99 just as the link above states.
Really? I couldn't find a connection in the convenience center on mine. Maybe I was blind that day. Either way, I went fishing for that little white wire Howie mentioned.

art.

diesel65
03-02-2006, 04:48
Yesterday I checked one of the 99's I work on, Looking at the convience center you will find a cavity marked "NAT"; there are two pin in that cavity, the pin on the right is connected to the brake circuit.

TurboDiverArt
03-02-2006, 05:36
Yesterday I checked one of the 99's I work on, Looking at the convience center you will find a cavity marked "NAT"; there are two pin in that cavity, the pin on the right is connected to the brake circuit.
I did not know that!

Thanks,
Art.