PDA

View Full Version : New fuel filter monitor

JD_Diesel
02-27-2006, 23:54
Had the latest up date done to my truck for intake pop. Tech told me they had a update for the instrament panel. Asked what it was for did not know. Had it done anyways turns out that it added a fuel filter monitor. Now it tells me when to change the fuel filter. Go figure. JD

Kennedy
02-28-2006, 08:24
Bear in mind, this is only odometer based and many cannot get 15k out of the newest filter design. I still recommend checking restriction periodically, and especiallybefore a trip.

JD_Diesel
02-28-2006, 23:19
Oh I just thought that it was funny that they made a reprogram just for that. I change my filter way before that. But I guess there are alot of nimrods out there that say WHAT fuel filter, I was sopose to change that???????????? Just a thought. JD

Mark Rinker
03-04-2006, 07:10
I am doing 10K fuel filter intervals, and have plugged one before that. Its all fuel quality related. Definately will have one behind the seat before going on a cross country jaunt.

loghauler
03-04-2006, 15:26
Doesn't the Baldwin fuel filter that JK sells do the same job that the new GM free filter change on the Duramax? I really don't feel like going to the dealer for that. Will not going effect any future injector warrenty? Jim