PDA

View Full Version : JK Exhaust - need install help for 6.5 xcab

tswartos
08-04-2004, 13:04
I know for a fact that a few folks have posted picture by picture and step by step details for installion of JKs exhaust...I cant find anything close in my searches. Anyone still have a link or have they been archived already? I know John is busy so I thought I'd try to get some additional help for you folks smile.gif

I've got the old system out and am wondering why the exhaust sleeve doesnt fit properly over the joint between the downpipe and the next piece. I have tried both the 3" & 3.5" sleeves and neither fit right 3" is too snug (ends are inch apart) while 3.5 is too loose. I assume I am doing something incorrectly but cant figure it out.

on edit - looking at a response JK sent about 6.6 exhaust looks like I need to use something with more HP to tighten things up. let me know if I'm on the right track.

PS - The internal muffler louvres, I assume they are to point to rear of the vehicle?

[ 08-04-2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: tswartos ]

Kennedy
08-04-2004, 13:14
By sleeve do you mean the band clamps?

Ther stretch a TON when you tighten them. Best use an impact. The bolts are grade 8 so they'll take it...