PDA

View Full Version : Help with DTC po251 and 335

BR455
03-01-2006, 19:03
This is my first post here and I could really use some help.
My truck is a 97 K1500 TD with an upgraded exhaust, BD computer, intercooler, gauges, gear drive, etc. Truck has been running perfect for 8 months since I bought it.
A week and a half ago as I decelerated to turn off the highway and it died and restarted with a check engine light and rattled and smoked like crazy. I checked it with a snapon scanner and had 5 codes in it. I cleared them and instantly got a po335 a CKP Crankshaft position sensor code. I checked the CKP using the factory manual and it checked out ok. The scanner also does not show any crank references missed. After playing with it more it will now either set a po335 or a po251 injection pump cam system code as soon as the codes are cleared. No telling which one it will set it just picks one. I followed the diagnostics for the pump cam system and it seems to check out ok too. As a last bit of interesting info the last time I scaned it it set two codes, the po251 and a po606 PCM internal communication interupted. All the ground circuits are good, all the conections are good etc. I have checked most everything and am getting iritated.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Brent

JohnC
03-02-2006, 09:59
Sounds like a wiring problem. Start by checking all the major positive and ground connections. Then I'd check the 2 multi-pin plugs at the rear of the engine.

BR455
03-07-2006, 09:44
As an update all circuits have been checked for a short to ground and for continuity. All are good, all grounds have been checked and conectors. I am now also getting a PO1216 fuel solenoid response time to short. Now the truck will somtimes die and when it dies I get a PO606 pcm internal comunication interupted when it restarts. Every time I start the the truck it sets the PO335 CKP sensor circuit problem. The factory manual says to replace the PCM with the PO606 code. I really do not want to buy a PCM and still have the problem. Has anyone had any experience with these problems, I really could use some help.
Thanks
Brent