PDA

View Full Version : Pictures in your signature

Onebigcanuck
03-01-2006, 22:23
On the previous board I had a pic with my signature, the [img] prefex & sufix are still shown but no picture appears.

Any help would be appreciated.7

DmaxMaverick
03-01-2006, 22:39
HTML code is disabled. The old UBB signatures, in most cases, aren't compatible with the new BB. Most signatures need to be cleaned up before they will display correctly on this board. You can have a link to an image, but the image won't show in your board sig (as you found out). You can use a picture for an avatar, if it's not too large. Your image is close to the limit for that. Try it.

You can insert a profile picture into your user profile. It will show on the page anytime someone clicks on your username.

Onebigcanuck
03-02-2006, 11:52
Thanks, I tried to do the avatar thing and got this message:

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file

What now ??

DmaxMaverick
03-02-2006, 12:40
I'm not sure about the error. Your avatar did upload, and is visible.

Onebigcanuck
03-02-2006, 17:08
Arn't these machines wonderful, when they say they didn't do it they do.

I wish a few other things in life were like that.

Thanks for the help.

More Power
03-03-2006, 12:55
Onebigcanuck,

The "Images in Sig" feature has been toggled on (as you can see in your sig :D ). You can use the board image code to get a pic to show.

For everyone, this is a limited feature that works fine with fairly small images (like the used by Onebigcanuck), but can really affect page load speed if you try to use large images. The moderators and other members will likely let you know if you're using too large of an image..... :D

Jim