PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it:

BurnsK
03-02-2006, 21:03
Well, I did it and traded my '04 LB7 for an 06 LBZ. They are identical. cc 4X4 dualies. Way more power and much nicer to drive in the 06. The transmission is unbelievable and so much torque it never downshifts. The '06 at 70 - 80 is just loafing. You really need to watch the speed. The '04 told you when you got close to 70. Now the down part: milage is 2 mpg less in the new one under identical conditions. I am hoping it improves as it breaks in. I wonder is some software program to stop the injecting of raw fuel after the power stroke (a supposed emission reducer). If Kennedy, Edge or whom ever could eliminate that, the milage might even come out better than the LB7.

Mark Rinker
03-03-2006, 06:32
Congrats! It will be interesting to hear your reactions as you put on some miles. I'm betting the aftermarket will solve the mileage differences. However, it only makes sense that more power burns more fuel.

Maybe the solution could be as simple as recalibrating the accelerater pedal so we aren't over accelerating off idle with all that power on tap.

More Power
03-03-2006, 16:40
Back in 2000, the industry was talking about using high-pressure common-rail fuel systems to inject fuel during the exhaust stroke - to cool the combustion temps and thus reduce oxides of nitrogen emissions.... :confused: Has to be a bad idea from a fuel economy standpoint... I should also say that I haven't seen any docs that say GM/Ford/Dodge are currently using fuel this way, but you never know....:rolleyes:

Jim