PDA

View Full Version : Forum Time Display

DmaxMaverick
03-03-2006, 09:35
As some of you may have noticed, the displayed times for the bulletin board don't jive with your local time. Until now, the server and vBulletin environment weren't on the same time, either. That issue has been resolved.

If you are seeing correct times, please do nothing. Your time zone just happens to be inline with the board. You may need to change a setting to correct for Daylight Savings Time (not an issue now). You can do this on the same settings page described below.

If you aren't seeing correct times, and want to remedy this, please read on.

First of all, your computer needs to be correct with your local time. Most will be. If not, correct this before changing any of your forum settings. If you need to do this, and don't know how, please PM or email me and I can help you.

To change your time settings:
Click on the "User CP" link at the top left of the page. Click on "Edit Options" at the left. Scroll down the page to "Date & Time Options". Here, you can select the settings that apply to you. Select your actual time zone from the drop-down menu. Select your option for DST. Select the day you normally consider the first day of the week. The week setting will tell the forum to display when you want your week-break. This isn't important, but if incorrect, some posts will show as "Last Week", when it is actually yesterday, and not what you expect to be "last week".

Any changes you make in your options will only change what you see on your computer. It will not effect what anyone else sees on their computer.

If none of this works for you, I'm on vacation, and the person that needs to help you is too, and we won't be back for a very long time.....Just kidding. This isn't AOL.

If you have any questions about this (or any other board settings), please feel free to PM or email me.

More Power
03-03-2006, 12:48
Thanks Greg. Seems to be working just fine now. ;)

Jim