PDA

View Full Version : Bank Twin Turbo Duramax on Extreme4x4 TV

aloharovers
03-04-2006, 11:24
I don't see where this has been posted yet.
On todays Spike TV Extreme 4x4 TV they built their twin turbo Duramax.

They worked with Banks to design the system. Also ran the PDA controller.

Plugged it into the Banks dyno.

1127ft lbs torgue and 730 horses.

Oh my oh my!!!!

More Power
03-04-2006, 13:16
Yes, I saw it! :D Cool stuff! Wish the TT setup would fit under the hood of Lil Red.... 700+ on #2 would be sweet..:cool:

Jim

96ccdd
03-04-2006, 14:54
I saw it also, very cool. I also like the fact that they are build a road race and a drag race version. Did you also hear Gale mention 2 different HP levl crate motor will be avalible...............

Mark

enticer
03-04-2006, 21:44
I saw it also, very cool. I also like the fact that they are build a road race and a drag race version. Did you also hear Gale mention 2 different HP levl crate motor will be avalible...............

Mark

For someone in Havre De Grace, I would think I would see a boat in your list of vehicles. I dock my boat at Port Deposit and live in Pittsburgh, PA

87max
03-05-2006, 15:04
Serious drool material!

nlp
03-06-2006, 08:51
Awesome!!!

Craig M
03-06-2006, 14:29
Happened to see the show during a break from weed pulling. No prices were mentioned from Banks, but you can bet it will cost a bunch. That plus an upgrade to the Allison spells big bucks. With the turbos hanging on the left and right sides not sure what if any standard vehicles it will fit on. The chassis on the show had to replace the left spring mount to get it on there Suburban frame. We usually see torque twice the horseposer on these diesels, this one appears low on torque.

enticer
05-23-2006, 16:12
Well....the program showed again ...and it got me fired up again. So, I emailed Banks twice.....no response. I just called and all the places I asked for I went into voice mails.......obviously they are tooooo busy for customers

More Power
05-23-2006, 16:42
According to Gale, they are planning to market a version of their TTD for use in Chevy/GMC pickup trucks.

Would be cool! ;)

Jim