PDA

View Full Version : fuel cooler LBZ

mark45678
03-04-2006, 16:00
Any one know why the new LBZ still has a fuel cooler? I have seen in several places where there was changes made to reduce the fuel temps . In this link it say the same thing I have seen on other TEC data. http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/2006MY.htm

My lbz still has a return line and a fuel cooler ?????

Kennedy
03-05-2006, 08:57
Hard to say. Press release claims are often flawed. Squeezing the fuel as tight as they do along with the crisscross flow path across the engine will still put a fair amount of heat in the fuel. A cooler is a good idea.

More Power
03-05-2006, 18:14
Technical writing at the auto manufacturers often occurs a full year or more out from actual production. The press release writers are not far behind the engineering as well, so changes inevitably occur that often aren't reflected in production vehicles.

GM proposed that the fuel cooler wasn't necessary because the new ECM was able to drive the new low-voltage injector solenoids without a Fuel Injection Control Module. Cooling the FICM was thought to be the primary reason for having a fuel cooler.

It's a good thing to have a cooler. Cooler fuel is less gassy (developing air in fuel filters), has higher viscosity (less wear on fuel system components), and contains more BTU per unit volume. :)

Jim

wurk_truk
03-05-2006, 20:09
Glad to see that LBZ has fuel cooler. I have LLY Express and have been concerned about it being a leftover 05. I do NOT want an 05 LLY, I want the 06 detuned LBZ-LLY. Think how durable a 250hp LBZ would be!!!! Hahah.

Friday, I purchased the GM extended warranty for $1650 out the door. Now, surely anything except the tranny will break before that. I am out to see if I can get 400-500k miles on this express. Maybe, just maybe it will last as long as the payments? With my miles, that's 360K.