PDA

View Full Version : need good engine rebuilder in & around Toronto

NIECO
03-05-2006, 12:53
Has anyone used an engine rebuilding shop in and around toronto,and had good experiences.

I have a 97 GMC 3500 6.5TD that started to blow white smoke about 5 months ago , so i added a stop leeak product from rx auto it held great until this week, I now have alot of white smoke and knocking on startup.
I use this truck as a coffee truck it has 221,000k but probably has double that with idling time. Cannot believe the bad luck with this diesel.Please help.
Thanks.

Petrella
03-05-2006, 13:21
Nieco, i had my engine done at Berco Automotive on Milvan Dr, in Weston ON. They rebuilt my 6.5 about 4 yrs ago and the engine is still bulletproof. They are good with the price too and have a good reputation for rebuilding all types of diesel engines. check em out at http://www.bercoautomotive.com/

But it doesnt sound like you need a rebuild, if you say at startup your engine knock's and blows white smoke, i would look more into the glow plugs, or the fuel system a little closer before rebuilding. Change the fuel filter lately? are the injectors and pump original??
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 K2500 4x4 Suburban
6.5 Turbo Diesel
Pyro,Tranny,Oil,Diff temp Gauges, Boost Gauge
FSD Cooler from my GM dealer
Sweet sounding JK Exhaust
Heath Chip
Boost Controller
Crystal Projection headlights, Turn signals and reflectors.
Euro Tail Lights
Cowl Induction Hood
2" Lift
305/70R/16 BF Goodrich All Terrains
11.5" FF 3.73 Posi with Rear Disc brakes
American Eagle 16x10 chrome wheels, style 145
Alpine Stereo,DVD,Navigation System, and Alarm
Indigo Blue Metallic
Pics of my truck - http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5364921&uid=2685617

NIECO
03-05-2006, 13:43
Thanks for the response petrella, i will be giving them a call tomorrow.
As for injection pump and plugs i had changed 2years ago at 150,000k
filter will be replaced tuesday. I forgot to mention i had to put a container of dexcool in on friday.
Thanks.