PDA

View Full Version : Idles rough once sometimes

akeller
03-05-2006, 19:44
I have a problem once in a while with my 1993 6.2 L. After driving the truck and letting it sit for a while (30 min to 1 hr) it starts fine but the odd time it will idle rough (ussually idles at a higher RPM and rough) for 20 to 30 seconds after it starts. It kind of feels like when a gas motor is getting to much fuel and is flooding. Is this a glow plug cycling when it shouldn't be ? Any ideas ? Thanks ?

More Power
03-13-2006, 23:15
Change your fuel filter as a first step, then check the lift pump fuel pressure.

What's the history of the injection pump?

Jim

Subzilla
03-15-2006, 12:37
Yep, as Jim said, change fuel filter. I had this happen 4 weeks ago but my Sub actually stalled twice after I fueled up on a low tank. It surged a couple times then felt like it was loosing power. I change fuel filters and it's been fine since. As a rule of thumb I change filters once a year and it had been just over a year since the last change. And always keep a spare filter in your emergency kit.

Welcome to the forum. You won't regret joining as you'll get an incredible amount of great time-saving, money-saving knowledge from a wealth of resources. You might even get replies from Mr. Diesel Page himself. Right, Jim?