PDA

View Full Version : maintenance schedule

signgrafix
03-06-2006, 20:58
I just purchased a 1994 6.5 turbo diesel 4WD extended cab 3500 series.
does anybody know of a good maintenance schedule that I can download/printout covering everything from the engine all the way to the drive train?

NH2112
03-07-2006, 07:51
I believe either the 6.2l/6.5l Troubleshooting or R&R Guide has maintenance schedules in it. Since these are copyrighted TheDieselPage.com publications that help support this website, it's not right (not to mention illegal) to scan and email it. However, the books cost maybe $20 each and are worth their weight in gold for anyone who plans on owning and maintaining one of these trucks.

That being said, there's really not much of a difference in service schedules between diesels and gassers. You'll probably want to change the diesel oil after 2500 miles, but I had an oil analysis done and they said I could go 3500 miles betwen changes based on the results. "Don't use Fram oil filters" is probably the best advice you can get. I prefer the 2-quart Wix 51794 or the NAPA Gold (1794), Baldwin (B7) or Delco (PF932) equivalents. Air filter intervals are pretty much the same, although a turbodiesel does need more air than a gasser. Fuel filters can be changed at a regular interval - I basically change the primary every 3rd oil change or 10K miles, and the secondary after every other primary, but I don't have a stock filtration setup, or you can just use the "Water In Fuel" light as an indicator - when it comes on under moderate-to-heavy acceleration, you should change the filter.

signgrafix
03-07-2006, 08:41
Well, I just ordered the books. I hope it has a maintenace schedule. It did not state that it had one but it looked like I could use the books anyway.