PDA

View Full Version : A/C Delco Discontinues the PF59

Heartbeat Hauler
03-06-2006, 22:42
Just to let all you 6.0 guys know, I found out yesterday that the PF59 filter will no longer be available. This filter will be superceded by the PF46. The problem is that the PF46 is shorter, hence less filtering than the PF59. My '04 2500 Suburban came with a short filter, but the first oil change included the PF59 replacement. I have had some luck finding some left overs at dealerships, but the supply is drying up. Just wanted to let everyone know that the PF46 is your only A/C Delco filter option so don't be surprised at the next oil change. The WIX and the Puralator PureOne are alternatives in the larger size.
JP

Inspector
03-08-2006, 02:01
They did the same thing with the PF1218 for the 6.5 the cheap you know whats.
Denny

JoeyD
03-12-2006, 11:24
Just because it's not as big does not mean it will not filter as well or better. If filter media quality went up it's no big deal.

Heartbeat Hauler
03-12-2006, 16:30
Just because it's not as big does not mean it will not filter as well or better. If filter media quality went up it's no big deal.
Well, yeah it might be. If you increase the media performance and reduce the physical size, then chances are the filter will plug prematurely....before oil & filter change intervals. If there was a media improvement it would have been touted or at least mentioned somewhere, and there have been no changes in filter efficiency claims. I personally do not want ot start changing filter & oil at shorter intervals.
JP