PDA

View Full Version : The Edge is dead?

denverdale
03-09-2006, 15:28
Some time ago I purchased a Edge Juice w/Attitude off of e-bay. I really liked the performance enhancement. After using it for several months, I experienced a time that the truck just died. (2002 Silverado ext cab D/A). I pulled over to the side of the road and the truck started and off we went. Several weeks later, it died again, but only monentarily. It started running by its self. I took the Juice off the truck to see if the truck would die again with the juice removed. After a couple of months with no failures, I re-installed the Juice. I ran on setting 1 for a month or so. No failures. One week ago, I set it on setting 2, and today it died. This is the first time I got any codes set, though. It set code P0335 and P0700. That may be because I tried starting it without removing the Juice. ( it would not start until I removed the Juice )
I believe that P0335 is "Crankshaft position sensor A ckt malfunction" and P0700 is "transmission control sys malfunction"
Now my QUESTION! Does this sound like the Juice has an intermittent problem?
Any responses will be appreciatred

Thanks
denverdale

stomperz71
03-09-2006, 22:40
Do you know what version software the Juice has installed in it? I know they had issues with that problem, of trucks just shutting off. If you don't have the lasted version software(which I think is 4.8 ver. but don't quote me) you may want to send it to Edge and have them update it for you.

Kennedy
03-10-2006, 06:48
There is a sticker on the box with build date, serial number, and version.

We've seen this happen with some of these modules, BUT it can also happen is a pin on one of the connectors loses contact.

denverdale
03-10-2006, 10:17
The serial number is partially worn off, so the best I can do with that is:
S/N 10010224 (?) and ver 4.73i Manf. date 1/2/2004.

I guess I will have to send it in to Edge and see what they say. Since I am not the original owner, they will probably charge an arm and a leg to check it and update it. Oh well, if we are going to play, we must pay.

Thanks for the replies.

Denverdale

More Power
03-10-2006, 10:56
Like JK mentioned, spend some time looking at the wires and pins at each of the four main harnesses connectors. Look for pins that might have been pushed back. Just one pin making no or intermittent contact could cause a variety of problems.

Jim

denverdale
03-10-2006, 11:02
Yes, I have checked all the pins. They are all properly seated. I may get some good electronic contact cleaner and spray them down. I is strange that it will perform great for months on end and then just die. When it dies, the instrument lights and everything on the Attitude goes off, like the key had been turned off, yet the radio still displays time and station.

I have received an email from Nathan at Edge. I called his number and left a message. I am now waiting for his return call.

Thanks again for your input.

Denverdale

SoTxPollock
03-16-2006, 11:30
If in fact the error code for crankshaft positioner is correct it may be either the sensor or possibly a bad connection. Check the position sensor, I think there was some mention of that being a possible problem because some of them worked loose. The engine would run rough and erratic and if I'm remembering right it was traced back to a loose crankshaft position sensor. I'm quite sure if the sensor doesn't find the crank in the correct position in relation to the cam sensor etc. it would shut off to save the engine, logic being if it gets too far off valves may hit pistons, injection timing will be wrong and cause other problems, so It may think its doing you a favor by shuting off.

Bobo
03-16-2006, 12:06
Edge customer service is the best in the business. They will take care of you.

gmc4x4crazy
03-15-2011, 21:45
Hey denverdale. Where you able to figure out what the problem was?