PDA

View Full Version : codes P0251 and P0370 are back!

Eddys
03-10-2006, 08:19
I got the error codes back yesterday P0251 and P0370 since October of 2005. I had mentioned it on the forums then and tried the a few things which was suggested from the forum but it was a nogo. I brought the truck back to the dealer in October but they couldn't figure it out either. The service tech did not think it was the fuel pump because they had changed two under 40k miles. After a few days of playing around with the truck, they found that by reseating the PCM behind the glove box cured the problem meaning no engine light. They think it might be the PCM but are not 100 per cent sure.
The truck rode fine until last week when it happened again. This time I only got P0251. I disconnected the batteries overnight and reconnected them in the morning. I drove it for another week and no problems until yesterday. On the highway coming back from my snowmobile trip it triggered again.
I couldn't drive as hard because it would hesitate or misfire after 60 if I would accelerate hard. I then pulled over the highway and checked codes again and P0251 and P0370 were dislayed. I cleared the codes with the scanner and drove off. I drove about 30 miles and no engine light and drove it hard.
Anyway could this be the fuel pump or something else? Once the fuel pump is bad wouldn't it just quit?? Does it make sense that I clear the codes and I could ride it for another amount of miles or months without a problem? This has been an ongoing saga ever since I bought this pickup. It could work fine for a while and the it happens again. I don't use it for heavy work. It more like a pleasure truck. I use it mostly in winter to tow my snowmobile trailer.

CareyWeber
03-10-2006, 09:17
I got the error codes back yesterday P0251 and P0370 since October of 2005. I had mentioned it on the forums then and tried the a few things which was suggested from the forum but it was a nogo. I brought the truck back to the dealer in October but they couldn't figure it out either. The service tech did not think it was the fuel pump because they had changed two under 40k miles. After a few days of playing around with the truck, they found that by reseating the PCM behind the glove box cured the problem meaning no engine light. They think it might be the PCM but are not 100 per cent sure.
The truck rode fine until last week when it happened again. This time I only got P0251. I disconnected the batteries overnight and reconnected them in the morning. I drove it for another week and no problems until yesterday. On the highway coming back from my snowmobile trip it triggered again.
I couldn't drive as hard because it would hesitate or misfire after 60 if I would accelerate hard. I then pulled over the highway and checked codes again and P0251 and P0370 were dislayed. I cleared the codes with the scanner and drove off. I drove about 30 miles and no engine light and drove it hard.
Anyway could this be the fuel pump or something else? Once the fuel pump is bad wouldn't it just quit?? Does it make sense that I clear the codes and I could ride it for another amount of miles or months without a problem? This has been an ongoing saga ever since I bought this pickup. It could work fine for a while and the it happens again. I don't use it for heavy work. It more like a pleasure truck. I use it mostly in winter to tow my snowmobile trailer.

I had P0251 on my truck in 2004 I found some wires rubbed bare right before they leave the engine compartment to go into the ECM. Do a search on "FSD din't fix it".

Once I fixed the wires I have not had another P0251.

Carey

Eddys
03-12-2006, 05:30
Thanks for the tip Carey. I had done a search on 251 and read that article but everything looks good. It's running great again but for how long ....nobody knows because it's intermittent. I'm fed up of it and thinking of selling or trading it in for gas pickup.