PDA

View Full Version : Attitude A2 controller

LarryMann
03-10-2006, 20:25
I was thinking of upgrading to the A2. However it seems like a lot of money for so few changes. Does anyone have it, and do they think it was worth the price? What about JK's custom tune and the Edge together... Anyone doing this?

BMDMAX
03-10-2006, 21:04
I was thinking of upgrading to the A2. However it seems like a lot of money for so few changes. Does anyone have it, and do they think it was worth the price? What about JK's custom tune and the Edge together... Anyone doing this?

The A2 is a pretty nifty unit, especially if you need a GPS unit. I don't have one though because I have a Garmin unit for GPS.

With EFI you can make a tune to stack with the Edge pretty easily if you are planning on using that for your gauges. That being said, you really don't need to stack a thing with JK's custom tune, it does great all by itself.

John does have an A2 so he would be a good person to call for more info...

Kennedy
03-12-2006, 07:57
I run the two together on my 2005. It was a bit of a PITA initially, but now the A2 seems to have "memory" to hold the power level at 0 if powered down. Before it would default to level 2 and the combination of timing wasn't very good.

As for stacking, I am not a fan of it. If you wanted to do something like this, I would have to do something special with the timing, and fueling curves.

LarryMann
03-14-2006, 18:32
Thanks for the input. I think I will wait alittle bit on the A2. The only reasons I would upgrade would be for codes display and clearing, ablility to display more info, and backup camera.

Kennedy
03-15-2006, 07:22
I may be wrong, but I don't think DTC viewing/clearing will be in the future for the A2.

LarryMann
03-15-2006, 10:49
I guess I miss read something. I just checked the Edgeproducts web site and sure enough not a option for chevy. The next question would be why does Ford have so many more options? Is GM limiting us or is it something else.

Kennedy
03-18-2006, 15:08
Just FYI, we are accepting the early Attitude monitors in trade towards the purchase of the A2 monitor/GPS. You will be allowed $125 towards the purchase price of the A2. This is a limited time offer ending April 30 2006.

Vet
03-26-2006, 19:46
I have had the A2 for a short while, but have put around 3500 mile with 1700 of that pulling a trailer though CO, WY & MT.
There have been a couple of times that the unit takes a little bit going between the Attitude and Navigation, but overall it performed very well.
The GPS works well and the limits and back downs work without any problems.