PDA

View Full Version : KD LLY Tune Track Results

BMDMAX
03-12-2006, 11:45
I ran the Kennedy Diesel LLY tune at the track yesterday with some great results. The KD tune shaved three tenths off of the trucks prior best time and trapped at a higher speed. Congrats to John for this tune and I know he has tons more in store for it.

We ran 13.58@100.57 and with Allison tuning we managed to get the first sub 2.0 sixty foot time out of the truck. I was very pleased to get a 1.9 sixty foot out of the tow truck with just cheater slicks and no suspension mods.

The tune also ran the coolest of any tune I have ever raced on the LLY with the pyro only hitting 1500 degrees through the traps. Any other high horsepower tune or box I have ran on the LLY would bury the pryo through the traps. Since high EGT's seem to kill the LLY turbo pretty easily I was happy to see the lower temps.

Very happy with the results and it did great for unhitching the trailer, flogging it at the track and then hooking it back up to tow the LB7 back home. :D

We also did well with the LB7 at 12.07 @ 115 MPH. :cool:

Mark Rinker
03-12-2006, 14:13
Awesome - 2 tenths quicker is huge. Congrats to both of you!

Why is the LB7 so much faster that your LLY?

Kennedy
03-13-2006, 10:22
I believe the LB7 turbo is the key factor for the most part. We are still improving on the LLY though. Brandon has a lot more time on the LB7, plus it has injectors, a different suspension setup, different transmission setup, the KD race TCM etc. Expect to see very low 13's and maybe 12's from the LLY soon...

Bobo
03-18-2006, 21:18
EFI has been nothing but good for the LLY and LB7. I think we will see a lot of LLY's in the 12's this year. It is nice seeing the EGT's in check on this tune. I'm sure they will go higher as the tune gets bigger. This might be a great tune for sled pulling on an LLY w/ stock turbo.

Kennedy
03-23-2006, 11:44
We'll be seeing a few more of the KD Custom tunes (everything from mild to wild) hit the street and the tracks soon!