PDA

View Full Version : Engine Info ???

Erik Earnest
03-12-2006, 15:20
I have a 03 gmc and just had to fix the first part that isnt covered by my extended warrenty. Its glow plug #4.. Ok this sounds stupid but what is the cyl layout on the lb7?

DmaxMaverick
03-12-2006, 16:22
Welcome the Forums!

Odd cylinders on the passenger side, even on the driver side. Just opposite of other GM engines.

BTW, your glow plugs ARE covered by either your extended warranty (if GMPP), AND the emissions warranty. IMO, replacing one glow plug isn't worth a trip to the dealer. They're cheap.

Erik Earnest
03-12-2006, 16:32
Thanks for the info, I had the brake booster replaced, interior heater / a/c controls, Speedo was stuck at 120 and right rear axle seal.. They did a software upload on it too and then check engine light came on and they said it was glow plug 4, It was too late for the warrenty had to do a new one and the plug it 14 bucks so I decided to do it but then relized I know nothing about a new diesel.. Time to learn..
Thanks Again for the info
Erik

DmaxMaverick
03-12-2006, 16:45
Glow plugs are a piece of cake. Before you replace it, confirm the plug is bad. Disconnect the wire from the plug and check with an ohm meter or test light, before you pull it out. It'll read like a near dead short to ground if it's good. The #4 is the second plug from the front on the driver's side. The #2 may be hidden, so make sure you get the right one. If you replace it, it'll thread out/in just like a spark plug.

moondoggie
03-13-2006, 10:01
Good Day!

In the future, you might want to post your questions on the Duramax 6600 forum. Lots of 6.5L folks also own D/A's, but there's thousands of D/A folks keeping an eye on the Duramax 6600 topics. ;)

You also might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. :)

Blessings!

JohnC
03-13-2006, 14:55
Well, I for one am still feeling my way around the new froum format. I "moved" this topic to the 6600 forum before Moondoggie's post. I "left" a pointer to it in the 6.5 forum, which apparently MD clicked on, which brought him here, where he posted, thinking he was still in 6.5 land...

So, Note: this topic has been moved to the 6600 forum, and if you're reading this, you are in the 6600 forum...

Bnave95
03-14-2006, 03:27
So, Note: this topic has been moved to the 6600 forum, and if you're reading this, you are in the 6600 forum...

I am, Wow I'm still feeling my way around also