PDA

View Full Version : Corsa V-clamp back installation

AndyU
03-16-2006, 09:53
Is that a cat back system or turbo back? At least for those of us who have catalytics. I have a 2005 LLY and it has one. If I get rid of my cat, do I need to by something extra to do that? I'd like to open up the exhaust some, but like you I like my nice quiet cab. I never heard of this product. I think more research is in order. Thanks for the report.

stumo
03-16-2006, 18:40
Is that a cat back system or turbo back? At least for those of us who have catalytics. I have a 2005 LLY and it has one. If I get rid of my cat, do I need to by something extra to do that? I'd like to open up the exhaust some, but like you I like my nice quiet cab. I never heard of this product. I think more research is in order. Thanks for the report.

My 2002 LB7 didn't come with a cat so nothing for me to worry about there. The Corsa systems sold by GM dealers and others is from the 4-bolt flange rearward. If you want a downpipe to replace the pipe your cat is on it you will have to get it from other than a GM dealer. Others can tell you better than I want is involved with a 2005 LLY.

Here is a link to GM's Parts & Accessories site:
http://tinyurl.com/hveag

I really do like the quietness of this system.

stumo

AndyU
03-16-2006, 20:19
The Corsa systems sold by GM dealers and others is from the 4-bolt flange rearward.

Here is a link to GM's Parts & Accessories site:
http://tinyurl.com/hveag

Is the exhaust system at the link you provided really the corsa exhaust system? In other words the $755 system at the link you provided is the same as this one?
http://www.corsaperf.com/duramax.htm

If so, that's a pretty good price. I have a 10% off coupon too from when I bought the truck that they might still honor. It's only been one year. Hmmmm. So does that "down pipe" they sell extra replace the cat for those of us who only drive "off road"?

stumo
03-18-2006, 11:30
Is the exhaust system at the link you provided really the corsa exhaust system? In other words the $755 system at the link you provided is the same as this one?
http://www.corsaperf.com/duramax.htm

If so, that's a pretty good price. I have a 10% off coupon too from when I bought the truck that they might still honor. It's only been one year. Hmmmm. So does that "down pipe" they sell extra replace the cat for those of us who only drive "off road"?

Yes, it's Corsa. The exact same thing as what you see at Corsa's website. All the exhaust in GM's Parts and Accessory catalog is by Corsa. GM's part number is the Corsa part number in my case 15201. The two boxes the flange-back system came in were marked Corsa and had p/n 15201 on them as well. The polished tip has Corsa lightly etched on top.

Yes, the downpipe (p/n 15202) will replace the pipe with the cat on it for you off-roaders. Pretty easy to change too.

stumo

AndyU
03-29-2006, 18:46
I just picked one up at the GM dealer, opened the box and it's not the Corsa system. It's borla, not the same system at all. The mufler isn't straight through like the corsa. It has six baffle tubes in the pipe. Not what I wanted at all. I asked the parts guy if it's made by Corsa when I picked it up and he said "that's what they tell me". This is very disappointing.

Now I just hope they don't try and stick me with a "restocking" fee.

I ordered this exact system just like Stumo: GM Cat-Back Exhaust System
(http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorydetail.jsp?make=gmc&model=sierra&year=2005&detail=05_SIE_CAT&sid=1749058607730508) But I didn't the same exhaust system. Is that normal for GM?

stumo
03-30-2006, 05:59
Something is strange here. My GM Parts and Accessories system which I believe was p/n 15201 said Corsa all over it. Even the exhaust tip had Corsa etched in it. The parts manager at my dealer said all their systems were made by Corsa. Get me the part number they ordered for you I can can check on this end too.

Update: I went to gmpartsdirect.com and entered the Corsa p/n 15201 and it pops up saying it's a Corsa Exhaust single side exit only they want $845. I'm starting to think your dealer did the ol' switcherooo on ya.

Stumo

AndyU
03-30-2006, 12:39
The dealer seemed genuinly confident that what they ordered for me was the right part. They said GM doesn't have any exhaust systems made by Corsa. I think we know better, but they were good enough to give me my full refund and didn't try to impose any fees.

I just ordered the 15201 from here: http://www.prostreetonline.com/
$779 plus free shipping seemed pretty good, but not as good as the 690 my GM dealer originally quoted. Oh well. When it arrives in good condition, I won't remember why I was ever upset. :D

Oh, and according to FedEx the 15202 down pipe is already sitting on my porch waiting for me when I get home. I ordered that on Monday.

If my dealer is right, then you got a real sweet deal... maybe the screw up was at your dealer, in your favor... if so congrats! By all accounts this should be a great exhaust system, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

stumo
03-30-2006, 20:07
So sorry to hear of the trouble you had to go through but atleast the dealer gave you your money back. I think you're better off elsewhere anyway from the sounds of it. Yes, I did get a good deal from my dealer. I know the parts manager and buy quite a lot from him so he gave me my system for $10 over his cost. The downpipe was like $150 online. Well I hope you like the system as well as I do. I'm still going to check with my dealer on all this.

stumo

NEW2DMAX
04-05-2006, 19:15
I have read in some post that you can purchase a CORSA exhaust system from a GM dealer (news to me) does this void the warrenty if installed???????????

stumo
04-06-2006, 05:32
I have read in some post that you can purchase a CORSA exhaust system from a GM dealer (news to me) does this void the warrenty if installed???????????

I don't see how warranty could be denied with a GM accessory exhaust. And I don't see how the exhaust could cause any kind of failure anyway.

stumo

Mark Craig
04-06-2006, 06:59
AndyU,

Any of the systems that are installed as a cat back where you leave the cat alone will not cause you any dealer warranty issues. Plus any of the systems we have sold will be just as quiet as a corsa or whatever if the cat is left on the truck, but we will be able to save you a lot of money by getting an MBRP or AFE system. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI