PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt pumps from SSdieselsupply?

damork
03-15-2006, 11:55
I've been looking at the DS4-5521 pump prices and saw that ssdieselsupply had prices very low compared to other rebuilds - I believe under $700. Anyone have experience with these?

There seems to be new units available now where a few years back I heard there wasn't going to be any more new units. New units seem to be around $1000.

Is there any preferred way to go with these pumps? I've only had new units installed as that was what the warranty covered, but will do the next one myself, and has to be reliable as possible.

Bnave95
03-15-2006, 14:51
Heath does sell new pump and as you stated,there costly. I know I will also soon be in need of one. A rebuilt is mostly a new pump as for the inters and parts. I'm looking into E-Bay for a cheep pump that can be rebuilt or even a take of that can be checked. I need a pump in hand before I take the old one out to save the core charge,because I'll be paying cash. Here close to my town we have a Stanadyne dealer though they are pricey. $700 sounds like a good deal.

16gaSxS
03-15-2006, 17:04
I've been looking at the DS4-5521 pump prices and saw that ssdieselsupply had prices very low compared to other rebuilds - I believe under $700. Anyone have experience with these?

There seems to be new units available now where a few years back I heard there wasn't going to be any more new units. New units seem to be around $1000.

Is there any preferred way to go with these pumps? I've only had new units installed as that was what the warranty covered, but will do the next one myself, and has to be reliable as possible.

(in my best Elmer Fudd voice) Look veerryy carefully............ SS Diesel pumps DO NOT include the PMD/FSD (pump mounted driver) he sells that for another $275. So that gets in line with one of John Kennedys pumps and he is a support of The Page and other GM Diesel forums. John is really picky about the stuff he sells. And John has said that price of NEW pumps are going up so if your in the market or soon will be ya ought to check with him or another vendor to see if you can buy new before the prices jumps up. Another though is if your in Northern ILL. If you can drive your unit too John you have him install it and to the timing and have him set the TDC offset for you and you don't have to worry about core charge and shipping and you know it's done right.

damork
03-15-2006, 18:51
Thanks for the info - I didn't look close enough at the price. I saw new units going for around $1050, but have also had new ones fail in less than 2 months so will check around. Getting code 19 & 36 randomly now, so something is up and current pump is over 100k.

Bnave95
03-16-2006, 02:56
The pump on my 95 is close to 120K. Been living with a code 35 now for over a year. I had bounced between code 35 and 36. I would address the code 19 first. This has happend to me. I had to replace the crank sencer. Your pump might be fine. Glad you told us about the codes.

garre1tt
03-16-2006, 13:16
I will admit that I have spent a lot of money with SS Diesel supply. Thought it was a great deal. Then I had two packages lost in the mail. One return and one core refund. My out of pocket, $600. During that time I found TDP and emailed Walt and asked many times why he did not advertise on the page. Never received a response.

If you or your mechanic have question about how to install his products, No phone support only emails.

I will stop now and just say that I do not recommend SS Diesel Supply for any products. Pay the extra money and go with TDP sponsors and you will save in the long run.

Michael D.

Scrufdog
03-16-2006, 13:59
mmmk....

so I went here ... http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm and there are no clickable links....

16gaSxS
03-16-2006, 14:03
mmmk....

so I went here ... http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm and there are no clickable links....

Try HERE: http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm

If they have a link you can click on the LOGO of the vendo some don't have a link.

Scrufdog
03-16-2006, 14:13
eh yeah, thats the link i posted and even with my firewall off i see no pics or clickable links

markelectric
03-16-2006, 19:51
damork has mail......

did it help?

More Power
03-17-2006, 00:16
Windows XP and the latest IE browser interprets banner ads as "pop-ups", and will block them unless you set your browser to allow them.

Jim