PDA

View Full Version : GM 2.9 v6 and 4.5 v8 diesel

6.5NOVA
03-15-2006, 15:59
gm is planning for 2007/2008

2.9 v6 diesel and 4.5 v8 diesel

I read an article about it on cheersandgears.com

the article has a story about where the new astra will be built, but when read the article furder on they speak about the new diesels.

OC_DMAX
03-15-2006, 18:22
Here is the article mentioned above:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6848

The only downside to this would be potential "lines" at the diesel fuel pump (if these engines were produced in sufficient quantity)!!

Tough Guy
03-15-2006, 20:02
There needs to be more Diesel powered vehicles offered by the automakers. They are great to drive, higher fuel economy and have lots of power!

Chris

16gaSxS
03-16-2006, 10:57
There needs to be more Diesel powered vehicles offered by the automakers. They are great to drive, higher fuel economy and have lots of power!

Chris

Your right Chris the trouble at GM is the CEO has NO VISION. GM stopped their V-6 I-4 Diesel project when Ford dropped thiers after their contract issuses over the Navistar 6.0. So being a flipping BEAN Counter rather than a car or sales guy the CEO dropped it to save $$ and lose a market advantage they COULD have had. How about 230hp V-6 Diesel in a Tahoe that or a C/K1500 that gets 25+ mpg and could tow 7500lbs??? Naw why would GM do that might sell some. Bean counter only see cost not VALUE and potential.
The Daddy turtle told his son, "yoou got to stick your neck out if you want to get a head." Toyota took a flyer on the Prius....turn out much better than they hope but they did it to see if people would buy it. US makers instead of looking art why people WOULD buy Diesel look at why they won't. You can not always play defense you have to try and make touch downs sometimes.

Deansel
03-16-2006, 20:57
Last fall we were in the market for a new car and one local Ford & Chrysler dealer was trying hard to get our business. The salesman was without words when I told him I wanted a diesel car. We later bought our new Jetta and hope to see more diesel choices in the future.

D-max Man
04-05-2006, 08:36
gm is planning for 2007/2008

2.9 v6 diesel and 4.5 v8 diesel

I read an article about it on cheersandgears.com

the article has a story about where the new astra will be built, but when read the article furder on they speak about the new diesels.

Will this be available in the U.S.?

The Astra is not currently being sold in the U.S. but it is being sold outside the U.S.

GM already offers diesel options for export that don't meet the emissions standards for the U.S.