PDA

View Full Version : Very Fast Diesel

SoTxPollock
03-18-2006, 14:49
Hey guys, I just walked into the house and put the tv on Speedvision and guess what, Two hours into the event (12 hours at Sebring), in the American LeMans Race series an Audi diesel powered is 3 laps ahead after the first two hours of the race. They just pitted while there was a caution to check everything over so its now only two laps ahead, I thought your'd like to know. Diesel Rocks.

SoTxPollock
03-20-2006, 11:15
Gentlemen history made. A diesel has won the Sebring 12 Hour Endurance race.

More Power
03-20-2006, 15:17
That was so cool... ;) I heard that another TD is in the final phase of being prepped for the same class. Missed the manufacturer...

Jim

Craig M
03-20-2006, 16:15
I heard the quick comment on another team soon with a diesel. Think they said Volvo or Saab.

stumo
03-20-2006, 19:28
I heard the quick comment on another team soon with a diesel. Think they said Volvo or Saab.

Wasn't it (now don't laugh) Peugeot? Very cool to see a diesel win.

stumo

SoTxPollock
03-21-2006, 11:16
I listened as the announcers of the race commented how far behind America was in diesel technology, but that it was the coming thing, that Europe will soon be almost exclusively diesel cars, I think they are around 83% diesel now. I look for the same trend to happen here it just takes awhile, I know it took me a long time to even consider a diesel, now I won't go back. Jim & Brandon & JK are some of our leading performance guys out front, but I suspect there are a few that are hot on their trail trying to learn everything they can about fast diesels. I think we are just getting started, look out world, here we come.

BMDMAX
03-22-2006, 14:33
I believe it was an Audi based diesel car that got the job done.

Hopefully the diesel bandwagon continues to grow here in the US! :D

Craig M
03-22-2006, 14:50
Just read this months Car & Driver magazine. They had a nice article about the Audi diesel. Article was written before the Sebring race. Of course the reason I was reading Car & Driver was because of the diesel "race" that was in the magazine. Three diesel beaters cross country. 81 Oldsmobile, 80's Mercedes and 80's Datsun car. Cars were bought for $1500 or less ($750 for the Olds). Olds is now for sale on Ebay. Current price is $1,000 with 6 days to go. All 3 vehicle made the trip, even though they had snow and hail to contend with.

poolmike
03-23-2006, 05:50
When is Banks putting the Dmax Silverado in Lemans? I would assume sometime soon.