PDA

View Full Version : Autometer and Banks six gun

DieselDixon
03-23-2006, 23:09
Okay what am I doing wrong here? I know not too many of you are Banks fans, but that aside. I have a set of carbon fiber autometer gauges, boost and EGT, but now that I have the Six gun and do not see a way to hook everything up together without having to run 2 thermocouples? I know Banks says there branded EGT gauge plugs right in to the six gun, but I don't want to have to change all my gauges. Can anyone help? There was one thought of running 2 lead wires off one thermocouple, but where do I get that second lead wire?

Tough Guy
03-24-2006, 07:07
Okay what am I doing wrong here? I know not too many of you are Banks fans, but that aside. I have a set of carbon fiber autometer gauges, boost and EGT, but now that I have the Six gun and do not see a way to hook everything up together without having to run 2 thermocouples? I know Banks says there branded EGT gauge plugs right in to the six gun, but I don't want to have to change all my gauges. Can anyone help? There was one thought of running 2 lead wires off one thermocouple, but where do I get that second lead wire?

I really think the Banks Six Gun and SpeedLoader is a nice set-up and makes great power...

Do you have to use the Banks pyro at all? If so then, I would use the Autometer pyro also....Then if you ever do use something else for power increases, your all set...

Chris

DieselDixon
03-25-2006, 18:37
Well I hooked up the six gun today without the speed loader. Still trying to figure out what to do, looks like I either have to run 2 thermocouples in the manifold, or buy the banks pyrometer gauge?

kylant
03-27-2006, 09:44
run 2 pyros. one in each manifold. you can get a BD manifold for the drivers side with a thermo hole already drilled and tapped for $300

SoTxPollock
03-27-2006, 11:05
Don't try to hook additional wires to the thermocouple, its readings are based on differential voltage readings taken from the existing wires inside the unit. Do anything other than hook it up and you will change the reading.

DieselDixon
03-29-2006, 21:10
Don't try to hook additional wires to the thermocouple, its readings are based on differential voltage readings taken from the existing wires inside the unit. Do anything other than hook it up and you will change the reading.

Well after talking to Banks other then hooking up 2 thermocouples they said that I can run 2 wires off of the same thermocouple. He did mention that it would give me a false reading but he said it won't be off enough to make much of a difference. I've had the gauge hooked up for over a year now and a week with the six gun hooked up. I should be able to see a difference at this point if it is noticeable, I will just run another thermocouple.