PDA

View Full Version : CDR Service?

DaveNY
03-28-2006, 18:17
Just noticed a little oil laying in the turbo and CDR hose. Does this valve get cleaned or just replaced. Im not real familiar with the set up
Dave

Chris611
03-28-2006, 18:45
Dave, I'm sure other will respond shortly. It's not uncommon for there to be a little oil in the turbo and the hose. I don't believe there is anything to clean, the canister is just a diaphram with a spring in it. It recurculates the crankcase gases back through the engine. If you decided to replace the CDR valve, I found gmpartsdirect.com to be the cheapest when I did mine. Also if you search for CDR, you should find alot of info and some simple tests you can do to determine if your CDR is functioning properly.

Hope this helps
Chris

moondoggie
03-29-2006, 09:57
Good Day!

From reading the Page for a few years now, it seems the CDR is a very low failure item.

If you do a search, someone (gmctd, I think) gave an EXCELLENT test protocol for this device. IMHO, I wouldn't replace it unless I was sure it was bad.

Both my trucks have oil in the turbo, on the turbo, pretty much everywhere around the turbo. You're bound to get some oil in the turbo inlet - that's where the CDR directs crankcase vaport.

Blessings!

DaveNY
03-29-2006, 19:06
Thanks to both, I have always seen oil in my turbos in the Cats in the boat but this was the first time I noticed it in the truck. Ill go with the advice and leave it alone.
Thanks Again
Dave