PDA

View Full Version : LLY injecter issues

jeep haller
04-01-2006, 17:21
I was driving home from work yesterday and about a mile from home my check engine light came on and my truck went into a very severe limp mode. I was able to limp it home at 15 mph and sounding very lould. I ran the codes and it came back with 4 but would only show me 2, P0207 Injector circuit open cylinder 7 and P2146 fuel injector GRP A supply voltage circuit open. I had the edge on level 1 and a boost stick on it, I have remove them to have it towed to the dealer on monday. Any one else have this happen?

Ron

2004 crew cab 4x4 duramax/allison

Kennedy
04-02-2006, 11:52
There is a TSB out on injector connector issues. The connector is likely the only issue.

jeep haller
04-04-2006, 07:32
He said he changed the #7 injector, didn't fix it. He can not find the TSB on the connectors. He thinks its is the issue but he said it is not covered by the engine warranty, it seems that only the hard parts are covered, I guess that meens the block. The items the engine needs to run are not. He would not tell me last night how much but he said it was very expencive. The entire engine wireing harness has to be replaced. Lets just say I am not happy.

Kennedy
04-04-2006, 10:51
Refer him to Document ID # 1701744

Bulletin # 05-06-04-047A

jeep haller
04-04-2006, 16:32
Thanks for the info I will let him know. He did call this morning with news that the regional rep. said that they would cover it after all because it's only 2 years old and that this is the 3 one like this at this dealership in the just the last year, the prior two were under warrenty. He had to make some calls just to check and see if their was a easyer fix than replacing the entire unit. I will follow up with the final verdic.

Thank

LanduytG
04-04-2006, 18:13
Mine
was doing the same thing before I went on vacation. After some searching I untied the harness that goes from the EDU up toward the altrinator. After untying I saw where the harness had rubbed through a bit from where it touches the side of the altrinator when tied down. After moving it away the problem stopped. So I tied it back up and the problem came back. The wire does not have the insulation rubbed through but the wire inside must be broken.

Greg

hapaschold
04-05-2006, 02:47
He said he changed the #7 injector, didn't fix it. He can not find the TSB on the connectors. He thinks its is the issue but he said it is not covered by the engine warranty, it seems that only the hard parts are covered, I guess that meens the block. The items the engine needs to run are not. He would not tell me last night how much but he said it was very expencive. The entire engine wireing harness has to be replaced. Lets just say I am not happy.

i just love these dealers that throw parts at a vehicle to try to fix.......and not being able to find tsb s ! had similiar problem with my van with the 6.0 powerstroke, maf sensor, solenoid s, egrs .....took it to another dealer, turned out to be turbo. ha.....and it had a tsb ! anyway, i wouldn't accept what dealer is telling you about not being under warranty....especially being a tsb is issued... contact gm customer service immediately and file a complaint.

jeep haller
04-05-2006, 20:18
Good news, I picked up the truck today and it runs great. They found the TSB and that their was an easy fix by just replacing the connector on the fuel injector. Another dealer in town had some in stock, looks like this is or will be soon a common problem, true or not he said the #7 wire for the injector is made to short and it is breaking the wire down over time. They did the repair for free but he charged me for a multi point inspection that included, change fuel filter (must be an automatic think) and reprogramed the PCM $225.00. I guess it could have been worse. Anyway they also payed for the tow and a new injector that it didn't need so I am calling it a wash.

Thanks Kennedy for the doc. # and bulliten but he found it on his own just before I had the info.

Ron

Kennedy
04-06-2006, 15:47
Sounds like the $225 was more of a "we don't make jack on warranty work" so we're going to bend you over fee...

Mark-
04-07-2006, 07:43
My 04.5 LLY had that issue. It went into limp mode and the dealer reviewd the bulletin and last year that bulletin said to replace the harness. He did, $1300.+ covered by warrantee, and the truck has run fine since.

rob from bc canada
04-07-2006, 11:07
Mine is an early 05 (MFG around April), was this fixed at some point, or do all LLY's have this problem?

If so, do I have to wait to die by the side of the road to get it fixed, or can I ask them to do it at my next service whether there is a problem or not???

carco
04-08-2006, 17:45
Mine needed the injector harness repair kit and reprogam the egr function, has run great since.
JK's post on dealer, bend over 225$,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .bob....

mark45678
04-08-2006, 19:05
Sounds like the $225 was more of a "we don't make jack on warranty work" so we're going to bend you over fee...

Exactly what happend to me twice , after I got it back on the 2nd time I replaced the truck with a new LBZ...... In the end GM is still one up on me , they should have found the problem and fixed both pig tails to the injectors like the bullitin states. I will NOT ever deal with McGee Chevy in Middleboro Ma. Ever again ! Same problem 20 days later , boned me on the tow, boned me on the rental car then said there was a $100 deductable to make the repair......

Texas Bulldog
04-09-2006, 18:47
I just got mine back from deep South Texas where it was for 7 weeks. They finally decided it was an A/C line dripping on the injector connection and caused it to corrode. $700.00 later I got it back. After the 2nd week I ordered a new '06 and it just came in, and wow do I like the new ride, lots of power and it sure seems quieter.

rob from bc canada
04-19-2006, 11:42
I'm still wondering - for this wiring harness issue:

1) Does anyone know if the cause was fixed at any time during the production run of LLY's - mine was built in April 05?

2) If not, do I have to wait to have the problem to get it fixed, or should the dealer fix it now if I bring up the bulletin number to them?

AndyG
10-19-2006, 20:18
Sure has been a long time, and nobody answered this gentlemans question...so I say. Ditto. Has it been fixed in production?

WhiteTruck
10-21-2006, 20:20
THe problem can affect any 2004.5 and 2005 LLY engine. There is no VIN break in the TSB.

Arlie
11-24-2006, 12:17
Hey Rob,
Did you ever get the injector wiring repair done? I'm curious as I have an 05 that might need it too. Sounds like it wouldn't cost much.
Arlie

rob from bc canada
11-25-2006, 10:28
No, mine has been running just fine, and I'm told they won't do it under warranty unless it actually fails.

So, since the percentage that actually fail seems to be fairly low, (wish I knew what it actually is, maybe one of those polls would be good) I'm going to wait til near end of warranty, and then maybe figure out a way to get it done.

Arlie
11-25-2006, 13:44
I guess I could use the TSB info supplied by Kennedy to figure out what's necessary to do the repair. It might be a cheap fix that could prevent some serious inconvenience.

Refer him to Document ID # 1701744

Bulletin # 05-06-04-047A

I suppose I'll wait until I have mine running. It's a conversion project.
(BTW I grew up in Fort St John)

Arlie