PDA

View Full Version : D max heat

Artworks
04-02-2006, 18:26
My brother - in - law was telling me his company Dura-Max 3/4 ex. cab truck won't put out any heat in the winter, tryed diffrent thermostats , runs with a storm front during winter ect. Any body else have this problem ?

Kennedy
04-03-2006, 08:42
Mine always heat well, but if he's not driving or making short trips, it will run cool. I still get decent cabin heat...

Mark Rinker
04-03-2006, 10:41
Same with mine. No issues in the cabin. Does he have normal water temps? If so, maybe there is a duct problem allowing outside air to leak in.

If the water temp is below normal, thermostats are likely the cause.

rob from bc canada
04-03-2006, 15:46
My 05 takes a good 5 to 7 minutes before it will start to blow - maybe because the first 3 km's from my house are downhill, and it doesn't make much heat.

This seems a bit longer than my old 93 6.5.

Seems there is some electronics in there that refuses to give air til it reaches a certain temperature.

Once she starts blowing, she warms up pretty quick.

When it's real cold, you can use recirc to get a quicker warmup in the cab.

Winter front didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference, but then the coldest we had was just a few degrees below freezing.

Tutts
04-07-2006, 08:51
Have driven my 05 in -30 C weather in Northern Alberta. It takes a good 10 minutes to warm up, and then a few miles of driving, but I get good cabin heat from it once the engine is warm.

Ranch55
04-08-2006, 07:04
This sounds exactly like the problem my brother had with his 2005 DMAX. He took it in to the dealer and they found problems with the ducts , actuating doors not operating properly. They were able to correct the problem, and all heating and air conditioning modes have functioned properly since then. This has been a few months ago.