PDA

View Full Version : Which tranny upgrade do I need?

Riverholic
04-04-2006, 18:47
My truck is an 02' with 105k on it. It has 37" tires and the hot juice for the past 3 years. Well now I can tell that the tranny is starting to slip and every now and then it bucks when under WOT acceleration. I want to get the tranny beefed up for the hot juice. Oh yeah I only tow my boat (6000lbs) and my occasional trip to the desert with bed full of motorcycles. My question is which tranny upgrade and who is recommended out here in so. cal. area. Also about how much $$ am I looking at OTD?? Thanks!!

Mark Craig
04-06-2006, 06:56
Riverholic,

Get out the wallet and get a Suncoast full boat tranny and converter. It'll set you back a bunch, but you'll get lots more HP that finally gets to the ground and some MPG too! Call us if you have any questions on it, lots of options and prices are dependent on what you choose and need to get based on what you use the turck for and such

Mark @ DPPI

More Power
04-08-2006, 00:29
I agree with Mark... Some have made the mistake of tiptoeing into trans upgrades, only to eventually wind up with the full deal - and spending more than they needed to in the long run.

If you can positively define your power needs, and won't go above that, either SunCoast or ATS can help you choose something less than the full deal... Might be a good idea to talk to them anyway... They're in the business to sell product, but they are also in business to satisfy customers. :)

Jim

Riverholic
04-08-2006, 20:36
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know of a reputable place around the southern california area for the labor part of it?? Thanks.