PDA

View Full Version : pump swapped what codes associated?

broke down
04-05-2006, 06:13
I swapped the pump to new motor and have several codes crank reference among them that is the only one i am concerned about. for now

Bnave95
04-05-2006, 16:41
I swapped the pump to new motor and have several codes crank reference among them that is the only one i am concerned about. for now
Just a swapped? Now the timing needs set and read. Dealer or any one who KNOWS diesel timing with Tec. II learn. Have it set at -1.95.
Good luck

john8662
04-05-2006, 20:06
Please post the code numbers, that will help the most.

Crank reference sounds like crank position sensor. Possible that the connector didn't get connected during the injection pump swap..

You will have to take the truck down to a dealer to have it timed. Although, if the pump is in range to where it can adjust to get to the same timing as the old, it will work w/o setting a code.

I have to negate the recommendation for -1.95 degree timing. I vote to use the factory spec or very close to -1.25 to -1.5 degrees on a stock engine...

moondoggie
04-06-2006, 09:50
Good Day!

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. :)

Blessings!