PDA

View Full Version : Surging Occasionally

Aryeh Levy
12-03-2005, 08:28
My Truck has been occasionally surging a few hundred rpm randomly. It threw some injection pump codes a month back or so, but i had almost no oil and it wouldnt start then. so i put oil in and it was fine. it's likely the pmd? i put one of those kennedy coolers on it in the reccomended location.
OR is my IP toasting slowly???

I'm trying to sell my truck, but i'm seriously in debt for many things from when i wasn't a responsible christian. Paying all things off is tough so don't get in debt. Expensive advice...

So I got ripped off when i bought this truck. It was missing a Soot trap, and the maryland shop inspecting it said the rotors were under spec, brake assist broken, and cat needed done. Some other stuff like tie rods or pitman arms were at end of life too...

paid something like 3 grand in repairs to get it registered. Bought it from some guy reccomended to me - a VA car dealer; took me PA manheim auto auction, bought an as is truck...

I told him i couldnt register the vehicle w/o paying $3K and he said deal, its as is... i asked him to talk to the selling person... its illegal to sell an emmissions tampered vehicle...

so he does nothing AND he doesn't pay the salesman who told me to go to the dealer because the dealer said "i paid for his repairs, so no profit to pay with"/

I don't want to do this to a new buyer. I paid wholesale for the truck, plus like 800 for transport, registration etc then $11,500 @120.000 miles. Now has 132k miles, and i put a pmd cooler, turbo master, and a #9 chip in it. I however cannot afford to fuel this thing anymore, i'm just driving it around to design kitchens. I'm getting a free saab 94 with 60k miles from a friend who wants me to succeed.

From Jesus' perspective, how do i proceed here. Should i completely investigate the IP codes, or surging, and just take the hit for replacement of whats needed?

Or should i just sell it, as is, inspect yourself

Or should i sell it and tell them everything that may be wrong?

I've still got a huge loan on this vehicle, and i need to sell it for ~11,000 with the performance parts i put in.

And everybody is right. these trucks have the best body and comfort of any other trucks out there.

only if it has a cat or a cummins, or another direct injection diesel...

bbudus
12-21-2005, 21:57
You are the one that has to live with yourself so go with what makes you feel better. On the other hand good luck with the 11 grand idea, just remember mods don't necessarly = more $. Alot of people see them as "fixes" or that you "beat" your vehicle, makes them nervous. Good Luck.

Bbudus

DA BIG ONE
12-22-2005, 03:13
Originally posted by Aryeh Levy:

I don't want to do this to a new buyer. I paid wholesale for the truck, plus like 800 for transport, registration etc then $11,500 @120.000 miles. Now has 132k miles, and i put a pmd cooler, turbo master, and a #9 chip in it. I however cannot afford to fuel this thing anymore, i'm just driving it around to design kitchens. Have you ever done the top dead center relearn? I'm thinking that truck can be done through the ign w/o tech2, I know mine does its a 1999. When changing out injection control parts "resistor" you would need to do a TDC relearn. After tinkering/modding on many occasions my mpg issues were only a need for TDC relearn.

TDC relearn as follows;

Engine must be warmed up to operating temp (170 or +),
then engine off, ign on w/pedal to floor for 45 seconds,
then pedal up, ign off, wait for 30 seconds, then start and drive like you would normally drive.

I'm thinking a # 9 resistor is a bit much for your setup, my truck w/all its mods (see: my sig) only needs a #7.

Another thought, add the additional cost of fuel to your business by making the customer pay.

The SAAB is a good bet it uses Bosch LH2 injection and can get real high mpg if in good shape.

Another great mpg (low to mid 30 mpg) setup is a 700/900 series rwd volvo, w/AW-72 widebox 4spd auto w/lockup, 3.31:1 rear and a B230FT motor.

[ 12-25-2005, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: DA BIG ONE ]