PDA

View Full Version : '94 Blazer Rear Hatch

rdurh
04-10-2006, 06:04
I've done a search but have been unable to find an answer to this isue. I have a 1994 Blazer with the rear hatch and tailgate, no barn doors. I am about the fifth owner. The issue is with using the dash switch to open the rear hatch. Using the key is no problem. The switch will unlock the hatch but the hatch does not move, so it takes two people to open the hatch this way, one to operate the switch and the other to pull open the hatch. I've cleaned and lubed the latch assembly but still no go. Could I be missing something from the assembly? The ship manuals that I have do not have any information on the rear hatch.

Chris611
04-10-2006, 07:05
I had the same problem on a '93 GMC Yukon. I welded/tacked a short spring onto the tapered pin to help give the window a little push when you slide the open button. In hindsight, I think that it may have been the gas struts that hold the window up. I have a Trans Am that uses gas struts to hold the rear glass window up. When I replaced them, the hatch would open better. Maybe try replacing the struts and see if that helps.

Chris

offrdk5
04-16-2006, 19:13
I might suggest making sure all the mechanical stuff is lubed. I just bought one, had this same problem, put a bit of lube on it and it is fine now!!