PDA

View Full Version : Red Bottle STP

ZZ
04-10-2006, 19:37
Doc, per your suggestion; I've been adding a red bottle of STP to my oil at each change. I was buying it at Wal-Mart, but they have discontinued it in their stores. I looked the other day in O'Reilley's and they don't carry it either. Do you have an alternative suggestion?

I don't know about all, but our local Wal-Mart seems to have gotten heavy in the Lucas business. They have a lot of their stuff. But, I'm afraid of the Lucas oil additive since I went to that oil diagnosis site that shows how it seperates under stress.

Sorry, I didn't see the instruction to email you in time.

nvmtnlion
04-13-2006, 08:27
I noticed that too. I replaced it with the Power Service diesel oil additive. (Gold jug) and it seems fine so far.

ZZ
04-13-2006, 09:12
Does Wal-Mart sell this Power Service Oil treatment?

nvmtnlion
04-13-2006, 18:57
Yes they do, right next to the white and silver jugs. It is a gold jug.

jbplock
04-14-2006, 04:09
Does Wal-Mart sell this Power Service Oil treatment?

The Wal-Marts around here stopped carrying the PS Diesel Lube Oil Extender last year.. Out of curiosity I just checked the Power Service website and it doesn't seem to be listed anymore ?? Discontinued ?? glad I stocked up last year... (I use it to top off my Dmax between oil changes)

:)

nvmtnlion
04-14-2006, 20:08
Wow Wal-Mart in Reno has it and it looks like they just restocked the shelf. I'll go get a couple jugs.

jbplock
04-17-2006, 13:12
I sent Power Service an email asking if the Diesel Lube Oil Extender was still available .. their reply was as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Power Service Products. Diesel Lube Oil
Extender is an excellent product and I am glad that you have experienced
success with it. This product remains available - it has been removed
from our website in an effort to focus on fuel additives. Over 95% of
our business is in the fuel additives side and we have chosen to focus
our website on that part of the business."

:)