PDA

View Full Version : No wait for Glowplug and no SES light will not start

eoxley
04-14-2006, 20:47
I installed a long block in my 94 6.5 TD truck due to cracked block had local injection shop check out pump while I was doing the engine swap pump checked out fine and installed new injectors but now in trying to start truck no wait for glow plug light, lift pump runs and the service engine soon light is not coming on tried to get DCT code but when I connect paper clip in the A&B terminals and turn key on I do not a code 12 from the service engine light. Gages are working except for the fuel gage pegs past the full . pink wire at glow relay has 12 volt and the yellow wire has 9 volt but relay is now working but I know the relay is good. any Ideas???

diesel65
04-15-2006, 11:57
As always you should check your fuses, I think you might have left off a ground wire for the PCM when you did the engine swap, check the wire harness by the passenger side cylinder head. It has been a long time since I did an engine in a 94', I don't remember how many wires were grounded to the block in that location.

More Power
04-15-2006, 12:40
For reasons unknown, the 1994 electronic 6.5's all act this way after having disconnected the batts. It'll be fine at the next start....

I recommend using the block heater to warm the engine for a first start, especially after having the fuel system apart. This'll help... Use a little ether at your own risk, and only after first disconnecting the glow plugs (just in case they light-up). :)

Jim

eoxley
04-17-2006, 17:17
Thanks for the help it was a missing ground wire there are 3 wire that connect on the passanger side head the one that I was missing was for the pcm and it was way down behind the head could bearly get to it and it.
Truck is now running fine:D :D

diesel65
04-17-2006, 18:06
Glad to hear that you found the problem.