PDA

View Full Version : Pinks!

Buck
04-15-2006, 01:13
Does anyone watch this show on speed channel(dish network). It just got over at 3:00AM. They had a white Bullydog Dodge up against an S-10 with a V8 on the bottle. It was cool seeing a diesel racing for a change, even though it was a Mopar. I only caught the last 10 min. or so. It was really cool......I'm sure they will replay it a couple times yet this weekend.

If you have not seen this show, it is on a 1/4 mile track. They generally race for 2 out of 3 wins, unless someone breaks something. There is an agreement on the terms before each race. Example: bottle vs. no bottle, number of car lengths allowed etc. When all is done the winner owns the loser's ride.

DmaxMaverick
04-15-2006, 02:10
Pretty cool.

It's on again tonight (Saturday) at 9:30pm PDT on Speed Channel on DirecTV and Dish. The airing is called "Chevy vs. Dodge". It'll be on again a couple more times next week. The regular time (first airing) is Wednesdays at 9:30pm ET. Stoooopid show, but very entertaining. Next week is Mustang vs. Civic.

Mark Rinker
04-15-2006, 17:36
I like the idea of the show, but wish they would only race 'heads up'. Never understood giving car lengths or negotiating motor vs. bottle - when gambling with your ride!!!

Either I am faster, or you are faster. Run what you built is the only way I would take a bet for 'pinks', and then only when I was damn sure I was quicker all day long.

ZZ
04-16-2006, 18:54
I agree. A true race is a heads up spur of the moment 1/4 mile run between two good ole boys on a dead back road. I never understood going round & round half the day.