PDA

View Full Version : Tranny slip-edge product

34 M
04-19-2006, 18:31
2003 GM 2500 HD 4x4 I am hooked up on the juice with attitude. I was pulling my boat the other day in tow/haul mode and The Edge was on number 2 witch is listed as tow setting. The display on my unit is set so I can monitor trans slip, Is it normal for it to slip 6-12% in top gear locked? The boat I was towing only weighed 1000 lbs. I should add I was only doing 57mph uphills when it would slip. The hills were about 5-10% grade. Doesn't the juice with attitude let you know if there is a definite slippage?

Kennedy
04-20-2006, 07:40
That seems to be a lot of slip, but one would think the ECM would code. Try level 0 and watch for the decimal point. .6-.8% is typical

Rhoward225
05-01-2006, 03:01
I have had the Edge/Juice on mine for about 110,000. Most were loaded miles anywhere from 1000 to 16000 lbs. Mines been sliping for a long time. It's due to the extra HP being made at the motor, and the fact that 5th gear was designed week as far as line pressure, and valving inside. Mine got so bad that if I was pulling over 7000 lbs, and start up hill w/ cruise on, mine would slip 30 to 40%.
At this point the ECM throws a code and shut's down into limp mode. I carry my OBDII scan tool w/ me for this reason. I have had shut down a few times, when I wasn't paying attention. Onece you start seeing the .06% slip every 8 to 10 seconds, we have found it doesn't go away. We have 4 D-Max's set up the same. If you run in level 5 it may shut down on you, due to the increased HP.
Just take it easy. I took my truck off the road for about 2 months, and now mines not slipping at all, except for every now and again the .06%. I never take mine off level 2. W/ the extra add on's I have, I don't have a problem w/ getting left at the light! :)
Best solution to eliminate your worry, I have found is the suncoast triple disc convertor, but it's not cheap. They gaurenty you can't tear it up!
I did install the Bully Dog shift kit, that increased mine line pressure, and I think that's why I'm still riding on mine.
Hope some of that helped..........

martanius
06-11-2006, 20:36
When I try to display the slippage on my attitude all I see is N/A.. How can I fix this? Do you think I could run unloaded with the juice on the #6 setting with the bullydog shift kit? Answered my own question by reading some more forums. Seems like they would have it start at 0% instead of N/A