PDA

View Full Version : Seat Popping Noise

cjacques
04-21-2006, 11:17
I've got a 2006 2500HD Crew Cab. I have to take it in pretty soon for the glow plug control module recall. There's another problem I hope to get fixed while the truck is at the dealership.

When I drive on rough terrain (off-road, gravel, etc.), or I shift my weight on the driver's side of the 40/20/40 bench seat, I hear a popping noise coming from the left side back portion of the seat. You can put your hand on the plastic shroud on back left corner of the seat and feel a slight pulse when the seat makes the noise. It sounds kind of like a binding, maybe metal on metal.

If anybody has had any experience with such a problem or has any ideas, I would appreciate some advice on what to look for and/or tell the service department. From my experience, these problems can be hard to find and fix.

Thanks.

David Proske
04-23-2006, 05:56
My drivers seat is doing the exact same thing, I have a 06 CC as well. I haven't taken it in yet.

cjacques
04-23-2006, 10:55
I hate to hear you're having the same type problem, but maybe it's not an isolated issue. I'm off the road in pastures a lot. Today, it really was driving me nuts. You don't hear it too much on a smooth surface, but it's absolutely irritating on uneven ground.

Dannyboy
04-23-2006, 12:35
cjacques,

is your duramax a lly or lbz? I have heard a few things about the glow plug module recall, is it on lly's or lbz's?

Thanks Dan

cjacques
04-23-2006, 19:10
Dannyboy,

Mine is an lbz. The way I understand it, the recall is for trucks within a certain range of serial numbers. I got a letter from Chevy regarding the recall about a week ago.