PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions.

Albee
04-21-2006, 22:31
First, would replacing the stock muffler with a straight flow muffler help much with EGT's? Keeping the stock pipe size.

And what is a good quality brand of guages to buy for the EGt and Turbo boost? I am trying to get the nerve up to install myself. Local shop wants 661.00 to install them two guages on the pillar. That is for guages, pillar plastic and install. Thanks to all.

More Power
04-22-2006, 14:03
It would probably be a step in the right direction to install a free-flowing muffler, but a 4" system will likely be in your plans at some point if you're serious about power upgrades.

See the recent Got Gauges - Reloaded (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/gauges2005.htm) product article for a look at more of what's available. :)

Jim

Albee
04-23-2006, 06:34
I will check out the Auto meter stuff. Thanks for the link. Very helpful. I like the pod skin idea. That just sticks on top of the existing pilar I take it? Thanks.

mark45678
04-23-2006, 09:47
isspro would be my first choice for EGT and boost psi.

A stock duramax will produce in the mid twentys for boost ,so if you can find a gauge that reads up to the mid to low thirtys you sould be fine.