PDA

View Full Version : 4l80e ?

DaveNY
04-23-2006, 09:36
Need a little quick tutorial on the 4L80E converter lock up operation. Mine locks at around 45 mph and is an inconvient speed for my local travel,40 mph would be better. I have limited knowledge of this unit and wondering if this event can be programed to my liking.I dont want to go poking around with the AE for obvious reasons.
Dave

GMC Hauler
04-23-2006, 13:23
There are very limited options. There is a standalone trans controller you can use, the cost is around $800 and up...

None of the PCM programmers as of date and to my knowledge reprogram the lockup functions.

You can manually lockup the torque converter... click on a link in my signature line. Although, it is not really meant to have it locked all the time while the trans is shifting around. It can also set codes.

I had explored another option but discontinued my research. The transmission output speed sensor is what controls the speedometer and tcc lockup. The signal is converted and split off in the VSSB. I think it might be posssible to use one of the transmission calibration devices available to affect the input to the computer, while not affecting the speedometer.

DaveNY
04-23-2006, 15:50
Thanks; I guess Ill just leave it alone. Was hoping I could do something through the ECM.
Dave

JohnC
04-24-2006, 12:47
Was hoping I could do something through the ECM.

Switch to 4.56 gears. That ought to get you close... ;)