PDA

View Full Version : NINE Different DTCs '95 Suburban

sk8rdi16
04-25-2006, 07:22
Hello, I need some help diagnosing these codes. Before any flaming, I searched but couldn't find much. I have a 1995 Suburban 340k, Vin F, 2wd,4.10 gears, Turbomaster, remote mounted FSD on cooler.

Here are all the codes I have gotten: 31, 35, 42, 49, 57, 62, 78, 84, 99.
I have recently acquired the wonderful stalling problem, and due to the DTC 35 I assume its the FSD which is mounted on a cooler in front of the drivers battery.
The 31 is an EGR code, I thought the Vin F didn't have an EGR?
Code 62 and 78 could be due to the TM?
The others seem like possible wiring issues?

Are any of these "dangerous" so to speak? Do I run the risk of permanent damage to anything if I continue to drive on them?

Thanks for any help!!

moondoggie
04-25-2006, 10:42
Good Day!

You might want to look at DTC 35 - Help! (http://72.22.76.69/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=22757) (Click in colored text).

Blessings!

garre1tt
04-27-2006, 13:34
Looks like you either have three different problems or one causing all three.

I had similar codes last fall. I see from your signature that you do not have listed gauges or a chip.
The turbo master controller when set to high will throw codes. The computer will then go into a default mode and run like crap, especially when towing.

If you do not stop and reset codes by shutting off the engine, you may start throwing more codes. This can be fixed by loosening the spring or you can get the Heath chip and a gauge. I guarantee you will be happy with the second route. If you do not chip and you do turn back the spring you will still spike your boost on hills and lead footing throwing codes.

Some of your codes are for your throttle position sensor. It is just a three level resistor that can be checked with a meter. Mine was burned out in the middle range.

The third possible problem is the code 57 for "PCM 5 Volt Shorted

tommac95
05-03-2006, 09:03
The classic response to 'multiple codes' was made by More Power a few years back: the most likely cause is what they might share(have in common) ... the most frequent thing is bad cabling/ground connections, thus bad communications--thus a starting point.

gmenor
05-03-2006, 19:14
Tom Mac 95 is right on, had almost the same codes thrown out. Mine ended being a short in the wiring harness. It was located in the most hateful place - passenger side, behind the turbo where it exits the fire wall/heating core. Wires had rubbed the insulation off and caused a short. That may narrow your search down a bit. Good luck