PDA

View Full Version : Raise Front End Question

50+
04-25-2006, 17:27
I would like to raise the front end on my 2500hd. I'm only talking a couple inches. Any suggestions on the best way to do this. Is there an adjustment that can made? I see HD's running around that have obviously been raised in front. Thanks for any help.

JD_Diesel
04-26-2006, 16:19
I turned my torson bar ajustment screws 6 turns raised about 1 1/2 inchs. Thats about as far as I would push it. Looks a lot better. JD

FJ40INTOW
04-26-2006, 22:44
I cranked mine three turns so my belly would fit under truck to do oil changes.

MIKE WIENER
04-30-2006, 17:22
Ok I would like to raise mine about one inch. Do I turn the ajuster in ( clock wise) or do I turn the bolt out ( counter clock wise ) If this looks ok with 5vr in tow ok. If not I will go for green keys.

MIKE

DmaxMaverick
04-30-2006, 21:38
It's a bolt. Tighten it for more lift (CW), loosen for less (CCW). Do yourself a favor and lift the front end off the ground before trying to adjust. It's much easier with the load off the bars.

The "green keys" won't do anything for you. All they do is allow for more twist on the torsion bars. If all you need is 1", no problem with OEM. You can go as high as 2-2 1/2 inches with the OEM keys. I don't recommend more than 1 1/2" to 2" because of CV joint angles and suspension travel. Other keys won't change these concerns. More than this will require longer shocks, as well.

Inspector
05-01-2006, 22:40
Is an alignment recommended after a 1.5 inch adjustment up?
Denny

DmaxMaverick
05-02-2006, 00:10
Is an alignment recommended after a 1.5 inch adjustment up?
Denny

I would. When I cranked mine up just short of 2", it needed an allignment pretty bad. At the same time (30K), the tie rod was found to be worn out or defective (warranty), so I don't know which attributed to which. It definately needed an allignment after, where it didn't feel necessary before. Damn tie rod is getting sloppy again (106K)! I think Bulletproof, or some equivalent, this time.