PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge Problem After FSD Replacement AND Some Great Advice

bigmikestud
12-21-2005, 15:04
Just got truck going again after letting it sit for a year. Another FSD and now possibly old fuel made re-start a mother. Sitting in 20 degrees didn't help. 300 watt magnetic heater (factory block heater had broken wire) helped along with new battery cables and batteries. New undersized batteries were toast in less than a year so don't recommend the tight fisted approach. That alone was probably causing all of the electrical gremlins I've had so far.

Anyway, my fuel gauge is going towards full (less than half tank in it) and will go to 5:00 if you stay on the brake pedal long enough. Whats up???? I was fooling around back by the fuel filter area since I also replaced the filter and cleaned out the very dirty housing. Did I get my big hams into a harness issue back there?

30-40 start attempts and WD-40 to the rescue got this pig going again. I can't thank you guys enough for this website. My wife asked me why I've owned two of these trucks now and I laughed and told her about the site, books and all the other nuts like me that are hard headed enough to own one. I have enough issues and projects but can't seem to buy something else.....who knows?!?

Some wiseman told me that when I machined my rotors and re-installed them that the factory sealed bearing would probably go bad on at least one of them. You guessed it, time to remove the rotors, buy new bearings, rotors, etc. for the 4-wheel drive. Anyplace reasonable to buy these parts??? Anyone???

More Power
12-22-2005, 09:50
Could be some crap formed on the fuel level sensor inside the tank during the long sit. That sensor is self cleaning, so if that's the problem, it should resolve itself after a time.

Parts... www.gmpartsdirect.com (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com) (watch the shipping charges..)

We needed to replace a front wheel bearing/hub assy in Lil Red earlier this year. We shopped at NAPA... It was about $90.

Jim

moondoggie
12-30-2005, 10:37
Good Day!

The hub assy for my 95's are ~ $360 from NAPA - I installed one recently on the pickup.

Blessings!