PDA

View Full Version : 96 6.5 Running rough

wayne zylik
04-29-2006, 23:03
I have tried to search this issue but nothing has been found. My 96 sub has 410,000 k on it is still running rough after the engine is warm, I have replaced the Injector pump Optical encoder Failed noticed no more excessive black smoke .I have changed the PMD ,Fuel filter and injection pump and checked the wiring I still have the same issues and have taken it back to the shop to have the codes read but there are no codes showing up it runs great at times and starts easy now.But as the engine warms up it starts sputtering and surging at idle and often stalls could this be a computer problem or something else

Bnave95
04-30-2006, 06:03
I have tried to search this issue but nothing has been found. My 96 sub has 410,000 k on it is still running rough after the engine is warm, I have replaced the Injector pump Optical encoder Failed noticed no more excessive black smoke .I have changed the PMD ,Fuel filter and injection pump and checked the wiring I still have the same issues and have taken it back to the shop to have the codes read but there are no codes showing up it runs great at times and starts easy now.But as the engine warms up it starts sputtering and surging at idle and often stalls could this be a computer problem or something else
Try putting a clear line on the return fuel from front of pump to the reture line that also is for the injectors just to see if there might be any chance of seeing air in the return. Make sure your lift pump is working,if you open the water drain vavle the Eng. should not stall. Other then idle the truck runs great?

wayne zylik
04-30-2006, 12:28
Try putting a clear line on the return fuel from front of pump to the reture line that also is for the injectors just to see if there might be any chance of seeing air in the return. Make sure your lift pump is working,if you open the water drain vavle the Eng. should not stall. Other then idle the truck runs great?
There is a miss that occurs at times at arround 2400rpm. in the past I have had the no start feature occur [no glow plug light] changed the ign switch and harness only to have it occur every once and while

Bnave95
05-01-2006, 03:51
There is a miss that occurs at times at arround 2400rpm. in the past I have had the no start feature occur [no glow plug light] changed the ign switch and harness only to have it occur every once and while
When was the last time the injector were changed? Any ideal how many miles are on them? Last time all the grounds were cleaned really good?

wayne zylik
05-07-2006, 16:11
When was the last time the injector were changed? Any ideal how many miles are on them? Last time all the grounds were cleaned really good?
Injectors changed out about 120,000 kilometers ago ,Grounds cleaned 2 months ago when I changed starter and batteries,I was thinking of changing the extension plug on the optical incoder sensor .