PDA

View Full Version : Turbo ????

Rhoward225
05-01-2006, 05:41
I Mentioned In My Last Post About All The Parts I Swapping From Another "lly" To Mine. W/ The Vane Control And Other Small Parts Just A Little Different In Design From My Early 04.5 To The Other 05' "lly" I Here A Slight Ticking Comming From The Vane Control I Swapped, Can't Tell That There Is A Problem. In Fact The Turbo Seems To Operating Smoother And Quicker Than Ever B/f. I Was Just Going To Swap Out The Turbo's As A Whole, And Still May Do This If Ticking Continues. I've Put 1000 Since Yesterday, And Will Put Another 1000 By Tonights End.
My Problem Was When I Stated Taking The 05' Turbo Loose, I Got Everything Done, Then Found A Hard "metal" Line Comming From The Back Of The Motor Up To 90 Degree Into The Front Half Of The Turbo.
How Are You Suppose To Get To The Two 12 Point Bolts Holding This On, And What Is The Line, Is It Oil?
Thanks For Any Info Or Suggestions..........

More Power
05-02-2006, 11:45
Ticking... is this the vane position servo that's ticking? I suppose you're hearing this with the engine off? Don't know if it's normal....

The hard line.... Remove one end that you can get to... You'll discover whether it's oil or coolant... :)

Jim