PDA

View Full Version : Edge A2 navagation

DRINKDIESEL
05-01-2006, 13:11
I was wondering if anyone with an A2 travels between the US and Canada. Both maps do not fit on one 1 MB sd card. Do I need to buy another 1mb card and load US maps, operating system and such and swith them at the border, or can it all go on say a 2mb card and work seamlessly when crossing.

Kennedy
05-02-2006, 06:50
That would be a good question for Edge tech as I've only been to Canada once and haven't planned any returns that would allow me to test it. My guess is that you would need to switch cards.

DRINKDIESEL
05-02-2006, 08:23
I guess I'll e-mail Edge tech this question and see if they know what to do. If not, I'll experiment myself and post the results for anyone who has cross border family like myself.
Otherwise, the A2 does everything it says it will on my new to me '04 D-Max LT.

Kennedy
05-02-2006, 18:06
The backup camera is in Beta testing FYI ;)

DRINKDIESEL
05-04-2006, 10:49
Edge says buy a 1.5 gig card and both maps will fit fine. Thanks Kenny G. at Edge.
Kennedy, I will be getting the backup camera if it has enough range to work on the back of our 27' fiver. Probably save me some money in kids bicycles.
Wonder if I can get a beta tester to try out in Canadian climate conditions:rolleyes: ....

VaDeezle
05-11-2006, 17:51
I ordered my A2 w/ juice today and paid the extra shipping overnight to install it this weekend. I spoke at lengths to an actual tech at Edge and found out some awesome info! First, he stated that if I wanted to add the Canadian maps (for when I go bear hunting), I should go with 2GB to be safe for future add-on maps. I asked about the camera, which Edge's website says is "wireless" and he advised that it's looking to hit the shelves in July, but that it would be wired instead. The "live" feedback from the camera and picture quality was too poor with a "wireless" connection. The estimated street price is between $249.99 and $349.99. I just hope I made the right choice in going with Edge over Banks. The deciding factor for me was the use of the GPS and Camera vs. a Palm handheld. :)