PDA

View Full Version : Took delivery of new LBZ

ccole
05-02-2006, 14:06
Hello all...
I took delivery of my '06 LBZ last week and really impressed thus far. Compared to my '05 LLY, this one has a little bit more power and a much needed fuel mileage increase. I am averaging approx 17.5 MPG currently, with 500 miles on the odometer.

Thanks for all the great information shared on this site and hope this Dmax has been as trouble-free as my past 2004 and 2005.

More Power
05-02-2006, 17:24
This is the day for new trucks! Congrats! :D

Black is one of my favorite colors..... Keep us posted on the fuel economy - especially if you can run a tank real easy at say 65-mph tops.

By the way, a member sent me a fuel economy spreadsheet a while back, that showed his fuel economy over many thousands of miles. There was a definite fuel economy increase of over 1 mpg as the engine gained mileage.

Jim

hapaschold
05-03-2006, 02:56
congrats on the new truck ! black is what i went with this time around. saw one on the road just before ordering and thought what the heck, go for it .

now i just gotta go pick her up

ccole
05-03-2006, 05:50
Did the first engine oil/filter change last night and also fuel filter change. I noticed that my LBZ now has enough room to allow installing the fuel filter from the top side. Its a tight fit, but my LLY and LB7 weren't even close to allowing this.

hapaschold
05-08-2006, 17:33
congrats on the new truck, picked mine up 5/4, black 06 lbz cc 4x4 lb.

black also.....love the color

arent ya supposed to wait on oil change for proper break in ? ??

More Power
05-10-2006, 10:01
GM uses conventional API diesel rated motor oil at the factory. Changing the oil and filter within a few hundred miles help eliminate the assembly lube and any manufacturing debris. These engines are assembled is a spotlessly clean facility, but motor oil is cheap. :)

Remember to change the rear diff lube after 500 towing miles or 10K non-towing miles. Use a 75W-90 synthetic lube with the appropriate rating specified in your owner's manual.

Jim