PDA

View Full Version : Oil Bypass

gmenor
05-02-2006, 16:29
I'm been thinking purchasing a oil bypass system for my truck. Just want some input if this is the way to go. Changing synthetic oil every 3000 miles does take money out of the wallet not to mention the price of diesel. Just wondering how hard it is to install, frequency of oil change and most of all the ideal set up (model number). Thanks in advance.

Warren96
05-03-2006, 06:16
First thing is to have the 3000 mile oil analyzed.Its cheap, less than $20,and that includes shipping.I use a modified version of Dr. Lee's bypass oil filter.Using sythetic oil and having a baseline to work from,I can extend my drains to 4 or 5000 easily.www.blackstone-labs.com does mine. By the way the Duramax diesel's have a much longer drain interval than we do.Hope this helps,Good luck!

LanduytG
05-03-2006, 07:58
Depending on how many miles you have on the engine and what type of power mods you will determen the drain interval. The old motor in my 95 with a bypass could never get much more than 8K miles. But the new motor without a bypass is getting 10K mile changes. Oil analysis is the only way to tel for sure.

Greg

gmenor
05-03-2006, 19:00
Thanks, for the feed back, will have it analyzed hopefully next week.