PDA

View Full Version : Cat back exhaust ?

mark45678
04-16-2006, 17:49
Any one know if a free flowing exhaust fron the cat back will cause a EGR code on the new LBZ? I am looking into a system and poss just cutting out the stock muffler . Any and all comments are wellcome . In the end I mostly will have some type of mild power adder like Juice once some of the stuff hits the market. Is there any real gains from the OEM pipes to 4" pipe at 50 HP more then stock? I will never run juice or any other power adder turned up more then this , the stock trans doesnt like it and I dont have 4K for a Suncoast. So why try for more .

Brad Pelot
04-17-2006, 11:05
I have the cat back from mbrp on my LBZ. There are no codes, and it is pretty quiet. Mayble a little more turbo whine, which I personally like.The tech at MBRP told me that you can expect about a 130 degree drop in egt from stock. I can't confirm, because I haven't installed gauges yet.

mark45678
04-23-2006, 09:50
only one comment ???????

VaDeezle
05-03-2006, 12:24
I just purchased an MBRP 5" Turbo back system along with an AFE Stage 2 (with the ProGuard 7 filter). It's supposed to arrive Friday. I've heard of significant gains in HP and TQ, and also that it drops EGT's a great deal. I will be out of town (Richmond NASCAR race) when it arrives, but I'll install them on Sunday. Look for a post sometime next week (after I've had time to play with it!!):D