PDA

View Full Version : Predator and boost valve for 03 LB7

BBB-Dmax
05-04-2006, 10:02
I currently have both edge juice and a predator programmer thinking getting rid of the juice and just run the predator and get a boost valve from John. I know I cant run the predator in anything higher than level 2 because 3 sent it into to limp but i was hammering it. That is the only time i ever slipped the trans. So question is will I be safe with the predator and boost vale in levels 1-2? I have gauges,banks 4" exhasut and a KN filter kit. Whos running this set up and how do ya like it?
Dan

BBB-Dmax
05-05-2006, 07:32
no one runs this set up?????????? did a search about the boost valve for the LB7 but not much if anything.
Dan

Kennedy
05-06-2006, 07:18
There's quite a few running the Boost Valve, but it's one of the low key mods so it doesn't get much "buzz"

Myself, I prefer the Edge on the LB7 for better response etc. Just keep it on levels 2 or 3.

BBB-Dmax
05-06-2006, 12:36
thanks John give ya a call in a few months when I get back from Iraq to order the boost valve.
Dan

More Power
05-07-2006, 16:37
The boost valve (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/jkboostvalve.htm) provides a lot of bang for the buck!

Jim

silverback
05-08-2006, 08:08
More Power & JK,
I've been looking at the boost valve for quite a while now and other then the obvious reasons (like it's so much fun to get on it that I burn more diesel) how does the valve affect MPG? How safe is it to use with programmers? Don't need any warranty denials.
Thanks,
KL

More Power
05-08-2006, 15:02
It shouldn't affect fuel economy one way or the other. The BV comes into play when you're running the engine in ways that achieve max boost pressure. It'll peak a little faster with a BV and will allow a few psi additional lbs of boost over stock.

Generally, a BV will be most noticeable when running a box/program that delivers fuel faster (like and Edge box), but it'll also provide similar benefits with a program. The Predator, for example, delays adding fuel till boost pressure is high enough to help prevent smoke. It'll happen a little sooner with a BV.

I saw an extra 6-psi with the BV, but these engines are all individuals, and the max boost pressure limit will also vary somewhat depending on the fueling provided.

Jim

Kennedy
05-09-2006, 08:09
I'll also add that it is very easily adjustable and can be fine tuned while installed.

Mark Rinker
05-14-2006, 09:58
I just got the boost valve this week. Upgraded from some $30 Ebay whiz-bang that only gave me a small increase in boost - and no adjustability.

Looking forward to gaining some 'real world' use next week. Me thinks more nominal boost at loaded cruise speeds is needed with propane displacing intake air. Still looking for the optimal balance of power AND mileage...

BBB-Dmax
05-14-2006, 22:31
John i run my boost source for my gauge in the same tube the BV goes in. Quesstion is can I still use that for a boost source just run after BV? Is there another boost source I can tie into if not?
Dan

Kennedy
05-15-2006, 06:25
I prefer to have the gauge plumbed to a point different than the wastegate hose, but so long as it tapped is before the valve it should rear fine.