PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Pushrods

Robyn
05-10-2006, 18:00
Hey all
I know the book says the 6.5 pushrods need to go in with the paint stripe on top. All my pushrods came out with that in mind and went into a can pending being cleaned up and reused. Hmmmmm no paint, they do however have one end that is copper colored and the other is plain. I decided to get a new set just to be sure and they are the same. Which end goes in the rocker? the plain end or the copper colored one??? (This is just the ball that is colored)
Thanks
Robyn

tommac95
05-15-2006, 21:33
i had a post here that answered the question...but i've forgotten, and the post may have been erased/unsearchable. One end is hardened... I might have written a note somewhere....i'll try to check.

More Power
05-15-2006, 22:42
Yes, the paint usually comes off in time, but the copper end is the equivalent. Usually, you can see where the paint used to be on one end of the pushrod. :)

Jim

Robyn
05-16-2006, 06:53
So, the copper colored ball goes to the rocker end??
I purchased a new set and they have no paint either just a copper colored ball on one end??
I scanned the manual before tearing the top off and was comfortable with the tech info. Poof I toss all the parts in a can to be scrubed up later before reassembly and then find that there is not a paint mark and no reference to the copper ball.
Thanks guys
RC

5.7L diesel
05-27-2006, 12:48
Yes,your right.The copper side goes under the rocker arm.

Robyn
05-27-2006, 20:52
Thanks for clearing this issue up.
I have heard varying stories about this but there were too many conflicts to be sure.
Thanks
Robyn