PDA

View Full Version : 2005 LLY SES Light

Shire Ben
05-13-2006, 13:41
A friend of mine has a 2005 LLY with approx 25K miles. About one week ago he was getting onto highway and accelerating when the SES light came on and truck was limited to 2000 rpm/65 mph. He replaced fuel filter which only had about 10K on it. No change. He took to local Chevy dealer who of course changed fuel filter since he had used NAPA vs. OEM. No change, but diagnostics revealed trouble codes for low fuel rail pressure. They di their research and stated that the sedning unti needed replacement as well as a relief valve that may have become unseated when ther eis a restriction in fuel flow. He received a document from GM #1767725 dated 2/21/06 that describes his situation and how to repair. It states valve is not availble for the 2006 LBZ engines, but LLY are available. The dealer states the part for his truck needs to be manufactured and has no date when it will be available. Any help or suggestions on this issue. Thanks, Andy

Shire Ben
05-13-2006, 13:49
Excuse my spelling errors, I did not spell check. Andy

DmaxMaverick
05-13-2006, 14:09
First off, have your friend get a refund for that fuel filter, and labor cost for replacing it. The dealer doesn't have a filter any different than the one he got at Napa. Parker/Racor is the ONLY manufacturer of replacement fuel filters for our trucks, regardless of the brand on the label. Also, the dealer can't require you to use their brand of fuel filter, or deny warranty claims because of it.

If the fuel rail pressure is low, and causes a code, there are only a couple reasons for it. First, is the fuel filter, which was eliminated. The only things left are the high pressure pump, the FPR (fuel pressure regulator), or injector(s) with a too high return rate. These parts should be common to that dealer. Gmpartsdirect.com shows these available. That dealer isn't doing their homework.

Shire Ben
05-13-2006, 17:59
Thanks D-Max,

I just spoke to him, he stated that they replaced entire fuel rail since it includes relief valve noted in bulletin. I am not sure if they were going to charge him for fuel filter, but he was going to ask for new one in box since I am sure they disposed of his NAPA 3810..Thanks again for the hlep. Andy